Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Completing 17 Successful Years in International Cricket

Yes..Its been 17 years since I made my debut in international cricket and since then I am enjoying watching this game and would continue to do so as long as I enjoy it.

Cricket - Its not just a game it’s a religion and I am a follower of this religion . If I linger down in my memory I found myself starting off with usual liking it for the cause of winning ,loosing , wickets fall  and for exciting 4’s and 6’s…yeah in fact it was more about watching these fireworks only I started to follow this religion and was a fan of marauder Sanath Jayasuriya .It was from the 3rd standard as I remember I started worshiping and from their on the more  I know about it the stronger goes my belief.

If I go down my memory lane I can collect few moments which are still alive , first scene which I still remember was a India Australia match when India was in the commanding position and I with my full enthusiasm was supporting India ..the excited scenes are still alive in my memory .The second glimpse are of 1999 world cup in which I followed each and every match- this time superstition added with the enthusiasm ,it was in this year only I first heard about match fixing  .From their on a major change in Indian cricket came under the leadership of strong leader Sourav Ganguly and so in my understanding and knowledge of cricket .From the glorious memory of world cup 2003 I have witnessed almost all the major cricketing events .The Indian tour to Pakistan after 14 years has very special memories attached with it  where I have not missed even a single ball even in test matches .Its a learning process ,with every passing year now I like many player for their qualities but of course the great maestro Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar tops the list .Cricket is a ever changing game and a lot is been changed in cricket in these years with the introduction of T-20 , IPL and change in rules in ODI, every format is special but test cricket is the real cricket.

Whether its toss ,commentary , post match presentation and of course the play, I keep details of every thing ,every technique and enjoy this cricketing world .With every year my liking for game goes on increasing and soon my life only got confined to cricket only ,in fact it’s the only thing which I like ,which I am interested in and which I talk about most . I read ,I write ,I listen ,I watch…oh yeah I live cricket and with the change in technology I have kept changing to express my love –I tweet ,I blog for cricket and my facebook profile have a track record of exquisite cricketing status .

“Always cricket first” that’s the philosophy which I follow, psychology says you should do the thing which you like when you are stressed that’s why watching cricket during crucial moment of my career say exams has only energized  more than causing harm .For me cricket is a  feeling which cant be expressed in words ,its been 17 years and there is still enough liking for cricket left in me and would continue to follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment